Experienced Foreclosure Attorneys in San Diego
You can rely on our real estate foreclosure attorneys
Bankruptcy Law Offices of Mark L. Miller are your trusted real estate foreclosure attorneys in San Diego. We will put a stop to the process of foreclosure by helping you quickly file bankruptcy. This will grant you automatic stay and protect your home against foreclosure while we take the time to reorganize your debt into manageable monthly installments that fit your needs.
Stop foreclosure by reorganizing your payments through Chapter 13
Facing foreclosure means it may be the time to file for Chapter 13 bankruptcy in San Diego. By reorganizing your current debt payments, you can lower your monthly payments to amounts you can afford.
San Diego’s reputable foreclosure attorneys from the Bankruptcy Law Offices of Mark L. Miller have helped thousands of clients file for Chapter 13 relief. We have over 25 years of experience and have helped tens of thousands of people through many housing crashes over the years. If you want to keep your house we will fight to keep your house.
Make your house payments affordable again
If your home payments seem unaffordable, a Chapter 13 bankruptcy is a sound way out of your financial predicament. Filing for Chapter 13 provides some instant relief:
- Forcing lenders to stop any foreclosure sale of your home
- No more phone calls from debt collectors
- Lower, more affordable monthly payments
- Possible elimination of a second mortgage
How to get rid of a second mortgage
If your home is currently worth less than you owe on your first mortgage, you may be able to eliminate your second mortgage (and third if you have one) through Chapter 13. For more information on how to eliminate a second mortgage, contact Bankruptcy Law Offices of Mark L. Miller.
How to Get Rid of a Second Mortgage
If you are considering walking away from your home because you do not have any equity in the property, this might be your chance to keep your home and rebuild equity. Home values have been dropping in the San Diego area for several years. If your home is currently worth less than you owe on your first mortgage, you may be able to eliminate your second mortgage (and third if you have one) through Chapter 13.
We can help you prevent foreclosure
Text us at (619) 574-0551 or call us at (619) 574-0551!
Frequently Asked Questions
Our real estate foreclosure attorneys help clients facing foreclosure by doing the following:
- Providing options: Lawyers are familiar with the legal landscape and have in-depth knowledge of the different approaches that will help you save your property. The most common and effective options for fighting foreclosure are varied and include loan modification, bankruptcy, and loss mitigation.
- Loan modification: A loan modification will adjust the terms of the loan and allow you to make your payments more affordable.
- Loss mitigation: Some loans have a loan mitigation option that can help you stay current with your payments.
- Bankruptcy: Chapter 13 bankruptcy is probably the best choice, as it grants you a period of three to five years to get up to date on all the payments and manage to keep your home. You can also file a Chapter 13 and get a loan modification.
- Putting things in motion: Upon helping you choose the most suitable option for your particular situation, qualified foreclosure attorneys will begin the process and guide you through it until completion.
- Representing your case: California demands mandatory settlement conferences in order to reach an agreement that could help prevent the foreclosure of your property from moving forward. Foreclosure attorneys will help protect your interests.
When looking for an expert real estate foreclosure attorney in San Diego, you should look for the following important qualities:
- Filed almost 15,000 cases in the last 25 years.
- Has experience with foreclosure cases.
- Handles cases regarding foreclosure.
- Professional and communicative during your consultation.
- Reasonable and transparent pricing for their services.
- Gather all the facts before offering expert assistance.
Reinstatement is the action of a borrower getting caught up on all the past-due mortgage payments with a single lump sum payment, and it does stop foreclosure. However, it is essential to keep making regular monthly payments after reinstating your mortgage to prevent another foreclosure from starting.
There are several ways you can fight foreclosure:
- Hard money loans
- Matches, gasoline + home insurance
- Forbearance agreement
- Short sale
- Loan modification
- Loan rescission
The best way to determine how to approach foreclosure prevention is to reach out to Bankruptcy Law Offices of Mark L. Miller. We will assess your individual case and propose how to move forward to ensure you keep your home.
From the moment the borrower receives the lender's notice of default, they have a total of three months to balance out the mortgage on their property before they receive a foreclosure due date from their lender. If such a thing happens, contact reputable foreclosure attorneys in San Diego immediately to handle this situation properly.
Contact Bankruptcy Law Offices of Mark L. Miller and we will handle all the problems regarding the potential loss of your property. It’s vital to react quickly and contact us as soon as the problems first arise to give us enough time to act adequately.
We are also here if you need assistance with filing Chapter 11 in San Diego or if you would like to successfully file your Chapter 7 bankruptcy and get out of debt quickly. We can even help you prevent creditors from harassing you in San Diego. Reach out to us today, tell us about your situation, and we will do all we can to prevent foreclosure.